- Traditional-method instruction: reading skills and theory are taught as student learns to play
- However, my dance and storytelling skills often become part of lessons… I believe in a holistic approach to teaching the arts!
- Pace is age-appropriate and tailored to student’s needs
- I am classically trained, but that doesn’t mean we always play classical music– what a student loves to play is what we work on first.
- I often use Faber & Faber for beginners, but am always open to other methods if preferred
- Once a year
- No student is too young or inexperienced to learn the fun of the art of performance
- Duets welcomed!
- I recommend half-hour lessons for beginning kids, 45-minute lessons for intermediate kids, and 60-minute lessons for beginning adults
- Regular teaching days are Monday-Thursday; Friday/weekends are reserved for makeups if needed
- My schedule is flexible– please contact me to find what times are available
- Flexible scheduling is usually possible around special events and holidays
- I teach on my Studio Upright Yamaha at my home on Carroll St between Bedford Ave and Rogers Ave in Crown Heights
- MTA accessible at Franklin Av 2,3,4,5 and President St 2,5
- I am also willing to go to students’ homes, time and location permitting. Contact me to find out if this is an option for you.
- First lesson is half-price!
- At my home: $30/half hour, $60/hour
- For lessons in students’ homes in Brooklyn: $40/half hour, $70/hour
- For lessons in students’ homes in Manhattan: $45/half hour, $90/hour
- Payment is requested at the beginning of each month
- Makeups are scheduled as needed within the month